Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY 2012! =] going on....

Sooooo it's the 2nd day of a whole new year! 2012! And looking back...what did I write like...5 whole blog entries for the entire year of 2011 (if even that many)??? So yeah... I definitely have not been writing as much as I used to.  But of course, I thought why not do a little entry today? Before the end of 2011 (like last week), my dad sent me this quote in an e-mail, & I found it to be quite interesting:

“Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning, but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.”--Hal Borland (May 14, 1900 – February 22, 1978, American author and journalist.)

The subject of his message was simply: "Good to know."

 So I thought about this for a little while, and I reflected on how many times, we view each new year as a "new beginning" and for many, it's a fresh new start, like starting all over again. I know I personally have felt this way many times. It's not always a bad feeling, either! Sometimes it's good to feel "brand new" and to make those New Year's Resolutions.  But taking a deeper look into things...maybe we don't necessarily have to look like we are "starting all over again" or starting from "square one."  The life we live in this world is certainly in  a continuum...and we have our good days and our bad days, our good years and our "bad" years....but all in all, we move on....and we (hopefully) grow from it! So this year, I'm not going to start out with the mentality that I'm setting myself back like a clock that has just been reset, or that I'm starting over like a brand new person, but I'm going to embrace the "moving on" and the "moving forward" as 2012 advances. I know that my life is not yet over, and it is not starting over again, but (Thanks be to God!) it is continuing.  I'm EXCITED!! =]

2012 could possibly be the BEST year of your entire life yet! Think about it....be open to the possibilities!   

<3 MzDiimples

No comments:

Post a Comment