Friday, December 17, 2010

A little outing....

So when I woke up this morning, I was gonna go to the doctor to complain about how my bladder is ruining my life. Ever see those over-active bladder commercials? You know, the one with the little jingle, "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!" ? yeah...THAT'S pretty much my LIFE. So I've decided (with some help, i.e. the boyfriend yelling at me about how I should take my issues more seriously) that I really need to do something about it soon. BUT, I called the doctor's office this morning, and he wasn't in... SOoOo....I decided to meet up with my best friend for happy hour & go shopping INSTEAD! :-) hahaha....

We went to this place called 1849 down on Bleecker street in Manhattan, where they serve 20 cent wings and $3.50 drinks.  It's apparently a pretty hot spot for my friend & her NYU buddies...she had taken me there once before during the summer, & this time, my brother Karlex came along with his girlfriend. Afterwards, Ashley, who's my best friend from junior high school, decided to continue happy hour & go meet some of her high school buddies.  I departed from her & took the opportunity to go do a little shopping (with the money I don't have)!


I thought I'd pick up a little something for Ashley at Ricky's in Union Square, since they have all those natural hair products, and Ashley, like me, recently chopped off most of her hair in the quest to go "au naturel."  Ohhhh my goodness, I had the worst time trying to pick something out!!! I'm soooooo indecisive!!! I wanted to get her something that would be good for her natural hair, and at first I thought they'd have some type of special hair gift basket or SOMETHING to make my life a LITTLE bit easier, but they DIDN'T. So I was just standing in the aisle staring at some of the natural hair products, which OF COURSE included the VERY PRICEY Miss JESSIE'S, which just HAPPENED to be having a buy one get one free sale for ALL of December.  I still had a lot of trouble though, because I remember Ashley was one of the people who told me she preferred the Kinky Curly Curling Custard over Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, and that either way, her hair didn't really CURL so much as it "POUFFED"? So yea..I dunno. I set out looking for some good haircare stuff. I remembered this one conversation I had with the cleaning lady at my school, and she said that miss jessie's buttercreme made her daughter's hair soooo soft! and I was looking at the curly buttercreme, and the baby buttercreme, and they each said SLIGHTLY different things about "dry curls" and/or "growing curls" and I dunno if there really was any difference in the products or if there were just slight differences in the marketing??? I dunno. So yea, you can probably get an idea right now of just how long I was standing in that aisle debating with myself.

It came down to this: 
I really wanted to put together a little gift set of good hair stuff for my friend. While I was standing in the aisle staring at stuff, I saw the "Carol's daughter" products, which I had heard NOTHING but good things about...so I bought a nice shampoo & conditioner from there, and then I also picked up some type of moisturizer balm from them as well, annnnnnd, because I had heard the good things about the buttercreme from miss jessie's, and I wasn't sure if Ashley had already tried that one, I also picked that up. And then the man in the aisle started raving to me about Moroccan oil, and how great it was, and how I should try it and how I would LOVE it....and although I shouldn't have been shopping for myself, I picked it up. and alllsooooo....I REALLY couldn't decide which Miss Jessie's product would be the second one that I would want to gift as part of the "buy one get one free" deal...sooooo.....I picked up a jar of Miss Jessie's curly pudding for myself, despite the fact that I had only heard 2 of my friends say they like the kinky curly better than miss jessies!! eeekkk....I've been a bad girl. I could hardly help myself. hahahaha....especially since I was very curious to try the product when I saw the e-mail from Rickysnyc.com about the "Buy one get one free" sale! But I just couldn't bring myself to order it online...then when I was in the store...it was alll...in my FACE! Ohhh yea...plus, somewhere in between my getting the e-mail, and ending up in the store, I had read this Dec 14th blogpost from DPrincess28 letting us all know how fabulous she felt it to be!!! & I have looked to her videos and post for hair advice for the past year. =] You can go read it at her blog: http://glorycrown.blogspot.com/

Here is a pic of the total damage I did:
oHhh...and if anyone has heard anything about this Moroccan oil, I'd like to know. I'll probably do some research later....I thought about getting the travel size for ashley...but I dunno...I ended up getting the hair balm from carol's daughter instead....which is supposed to act to condition & shine the hair. 
So that's my story. I hope that nobody else was as naughty as I was! heheheheh...
have a NICE week before Christmas! 







2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about carol's daughter products but I have never tried it. I think I should look into it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy at Ricky's told me "Carol's Daughter is da BOMB!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete